Our Approach To Talent Assessment For Recuitment
Different organisations take a different approach to identifying and recruiting talent. RDL’s role is usually to assess those who have been shortlisted by the organisation to inform the organisation’s decision. We do this by conducting ability and psychometric testing and then verifying the results through a telephone interview/feedback call. During this call, an Occupational Psychologist will probe areas that have shown as potential risks as well as gain a greater understanding of the candidate overall and what they could bring to the role. Their findings are then put into a report for the interviewing panel to use a guide of where to probe further.
RDL also facilitates Recruitment Assessment Centres where candidates are assessed on a variety of different exercises. RDL will help the organisation to determine their competencies or refine existing ones as an initial step. They will then design and facilitate exercises that involve individual working as well as assessing individuals working as part of a group. All of the exercises are designed to assess the suitability for the job by looking at candidates’ skills and competence to perform the job role and their personality fit for the organisation and the job itself. RDL also includes candidate feedback either as part of the day or at a later stage.
What will the participants/client gain?
- Clients will know they are using a reliable and fair method of selection by using experienced and objective Business Psychologists
- Exercises are designed with the job role and expectations of the successful candidate in mind
- RDL offers a thorough, in-depth assessment: most candidates, even if rejected after a selection centre, feel that they have had a fair chance to show what they can do
- The psychometric analysis offers another dimension to the recruitment process to reveal risk factors of candidates and an understanding of how candidates deal with stressful and challenging situations
What our Clients say:
“Rothwell Douglas provided an excellent service to the University Hospital North Midlands NHS Trust in a recent Director Assessment process. They were able to meet our very demanding timescales which were essential to ensure a smooth process. The reports that produced were of a high quality and supported the recruitment decision. I would recommend Rothwell Douglas for their customer focus, expertise and responsiveness.”
– Jane Haire, Deputy Director of HR at University Hospital North Midlands NHS Trust